Cheshire butcher fined £3,000 for hygiene offences
A Cheshire butcher has been fined a total of more than £3,000 for serious food hygiene offences.
Ivor Stevens of Ivor Stevens Butchers of Prestbury, was found guilty before Macclesfield magistrates of breaching The Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006. He had denied the charge.
Health inspectors told the court when they visited the shop in July 2009 they found raw meat next to cooked meat and sandwich fillings in a fridge.
Stevens was told that this could cause food poisoning and e coli problems and was given a warning.
On a subsequent visit the inspectors found that the food was still in the fridge and though it had been separated it was held that this was still not enough and the prosecution was begun.
Stevens was fined £500 with £2,700 costs.
01 - 03 November, 2016
China Foodtech 2017
07 November, 2016
Butcher’s Shop of the Year
01 December, 2016, 8:30 - 13:30
Policy priorities for the UK food, drink and farming industry