MTC announces training winners
The UK’s top performing students and learning providers were given their due at a prestigious ceremony in London recently.
The Meat Training Council’s (MTC) annual prize-giving took place at Butchers’ Hall, London and recognised a range of individuals and organisations for achieving excellence in their field in 2011.
A wide range of prizes were presented, including Meat Apprentice of the Year, NVQ Centre of the Year and Best Company for Training and Qualifications to name just a few.
Bill Jermey, one of the judges and chief executive of the MTC, said it was good to see such a spread of ages among the student winners. “While we give a lot of support to young learners, I am a big believer in life-long learning. Congratulations to all those who received an award – keep up the good work.”
During the day, those who have recently attained the much sought after MTC Master Butcher status were also presented with their certificates and, further to this, three long-serving members of the meat industry were rewarded for their contribution with a Fellowship of The Institute of Meat.
Sponsors of the event, included a number of meat and poultry manufacturers and trade bodies, as well as awarding organisation FDQ and Meat Trades Journal.
The full list of prize-winners included:
- Benjamin Shorten – Winner – Food Apprentice of the Year – Sponsored by: Oakfield (Foods)
- Richard Carter – Winner – Meat Apprentice of the Year – Sponsored by: The Edkins Family
- James Green – Winner – NVQ Level 2 Food Manufacture Award - Sponsored by: Seymour Manufacturing International
- Stuart Whitehouse – Winner – NVQ Level 3 Food Manufacture Award – Sponsored by: The National Federation of Meat and Food Traders
- Tresham Business Solutions – Winner – NVQ Centre of the Year – Sponsored by: Meat Trades Journal
- Jodie Louise Allen – Winner – Outstanding Meat NVQ Learner of the Year – Sponsored by: BPC
- Emma Hughes – Winner - Outstanding Food NVQ Learner of the Year – Sponsored by: Eblex/ Bpex
- Dawn Morgan – Winner – Cleaning NVQ Award – Sponsored by: FDQ
- Stephen Wilson – Winner – Best Student for the Intermediate Certificate in Meat and Poultry Award – Sponsored by: Poulters’ Company
- Stephen Wilson – Winner – Best Student for the Management Award – Sponsored by: Jenkins’ Family
- John Thornton – Winner – Best Student for the Advanced Certificate in Meat and Poultry Award – Sponsored by: The Worshipful Company of Butchers
- Back up Training and Recruitment – Winner – VRQ Centre of the Year – Sponsored by: The Worshipful Company of Butchers
- Cranstons Quality Butchers – Winner – Best Company for Training and Qualifications – Sponsored by: MTC and FDQ
- Dannielle Williams – Winner – Lord Graham Endeavour Award – Sponsored by: Towers Thompson