After touring the nation for ‘Britain’s Greatest Sausages’ the best regional sausages were finally revealed by Rimmer. He sampled many local varieties at butchers’ and farm shops in seven regional destinations, before awarding only the tastiest with the ‘Regional Champion’ title and ‘Banger Award’.
Rimmer said: “We have some of the best produce in the world and it is important that we continue to support our producers. One way to do this is by highlighting quality sausages that carry an assurance mark like the Red Tractor. This not only means traceability but also ensures the sausages are from pigs farmed by responsible farmers.”
- London and South East Champion: Uptons of Bassett, Traditional Pork Sausage
- North East Champion: The Blagdon Farm Shop, The Blagdon Birthday Banger
- Yorkshire and Humberside Champion: Bobby’s Bangers, The Bombay Banger
- East Midlands Champion: Trevor Fairburn Butchers, Traditional Pork Sausage
- Eastern Champion: Perfick Pork, Black Pudding and Strawberry Jam Sausages
- West Midlands Champion: Rossiter Butchers, Traditional Pork Sausage
- South West Champion: Primrose Herd, Traditional Breed Chorizo-Style Sausage.