Meat training awards open for nominations
The Meat Training Council (MTC) and Institute of Meat (IoM) are accepting nominations for their annual awards held in February.
The awards are aimed at encouraging young people and new skills into the industry and recognise success and endeavour in building skills in the meat and poultry industry.
Chairman of IoM Bill Jermey said: “There is so much commitment to the development of young talent within the meat and poultry industry, from both businesses and individuals. This awards ceremony is our opportunity to identify and celebrate this, giving those involved the recognition they deserve for their contribution to the future of our industry.
“The judges will be looking for individuals who have demonstrated real endeavour and made significant strides in both their skills and knowledge during the course of their training, as well as companies and training providers who have gone the extra mile in their people development.”
The ceremony, which is usually attended by professionals from across the meat industry, will take place at Butchers’ Hall in London in February.
Jermey added: “To win one of these awards is a great accolade; and is just the beginning, as we know that many of our individual winners will go on to become part of the backbone of this industry.”
The awards available are:
- Best Meat Student in Food Industry Skills
- Best Student in Retail Butchery
- Best Student, Poultry Industry
- Best Student, Meat Industry
- Best Retail Meat Apprentice
- Best Meat Student for the Management Award
- Best Meat Student Driving Food Manufacturing Excellence
- Outstanding Meat Learner of the Year
- Best Meat Manufacturing Apprentice
- Best Learner in the Meat Industry
- Best Company Training Scheme
- Lord Graham Endeavour Award
All nominations should be sent to Mary Fisher at email@example.com by 8 January.