Created by Meat Trades Journal to reward individuals and businesses across the processing sector, the deadline for entries, October 30, is approaching fast.
The awards are aiming to highlight best practice and professionalism for processors who are driving initiatives and improvements in both the home and export markets.
Ed Bedington, editor of MTJ, said: “These awards fill a hole in the market – there’s plenty of awards for products and retailers, but nothing for the processing sector and the individuals within there.
“We wanted to give those people and initiatives the chance to shine and look forward to judging the entries in November.”
The event, which takes place on 22 March at the Birmingham Motorcycle Museum, will award winners in the following categories:
* Environmental Initiative of the Year
* Export Initiative of the Year
* Plant Manager of the Year
* Processing Business of the Year
* Supply Chain Initiative of the Year
* Young Processor of the Year