Blog argues against beef protectionism
Writing MTJ’s latest blog post, Paul Garnham, MD Europe and Africa for Tyson International, calls for the UK to open up to more foreign beef products.
He begins: “We sell a lot of US beef in Europe. We sell increasingly more to the foodservice business in the UK. We sell to supermarkets and wholesalers and foodservice operators in Germany, Sweden, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, etc. Even apparently broke and austere Greece loves US beef. But we seem unable to sell to supermarkets in the UK...”
Read the full blog here.
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
- begins “we
- foodservice operators
- germany sweden
- france belgium
- sweden france
- austere greece loves
- netherlands italy etc
- sweden france belgium
- foreign beef products
- germany sweden france
- Scotland targets German and Nordic markets with new appointments
- Steak tenderness and consistency increases
- Welsh meat industry hoping UK-China beef deal acts as springboard for local lamb
- Teenagers encouraged to increase meat consumption
- Demand and supply balance presents challenge for Irish beef farmers