Butcher closes due to E.Coli outbreak
A butcher’s shop in Teeside has closed following a food poisoning outbreak.
Public Health England (PHE) said that Robinson’s branch in Billingham had agreed to a voluntary closure order after 15 people were found to have the E. coli infection.
Two affected children and two adults remain in hospital. Two other children previously in hospital have been discharged and are recovering at home, according to PHE.
The Robinson’s branch in Wingate has remained open.
PHE said many sufferers had bought cooked meat from the shops and it is urging customers to throw away frozen meat bought in the shops.
PHE said as a precaution people are advised not to eat any ready-to-eat food they have bought from Robinson’s butcher in Billingham and to throw out any they may still have in their fridge or freezer.
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
- butcher’s shop
- food poisoning
- closes due
- closed following
- poisoning outbreak
- butcher closes due
- food poisoning outbreak
27 October, 2016, 8:30
Next steps for tackling obesity: prevention, sugar consumption a
01 - 03 November, 2016
China Foodtech 2017
07 November, 2016
Butcher’s Shop of the Year
01 December, 2016, 8:30 - 13:30
Policy priorities for the UK food, drink and farming industry