Support online for #BritishLambWeek
Butchers and producers have taken to social media to promote #BritishLambWeek.
It runs from 1-7 September and is organised by British farmers who are “just trying to do something positive for the industry”.
On the group’s Facebook page, it appeals to the public to buy local. “It’s peak season for British lamb. Wherever you live, consider searching out farms selling from the farm. We are out here, we are often better value than the supermarkets and we can tell you exactly what you want to know about how the meat is produced.”
The group is being supported on social media by butchers and farmers.
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
- social media
- support online
- britishlambweek butchers
- promote britishlambweek
- New Danepak social media campaign targets bacon lovers
- Integrated approach: How the latest EPoS and labelling systems benefit butchers
- Winter Fair crowns new Welsh Young Butcher for 2016
- Top young butchers gather for WorldSkills Butchery final
- Delivering at the Livery: New WCB Master Stuart Thompson