Industry urged to get behind British Sausage Week
British Sausage Week is back. The biggest sausage celebration of the year gets underway from 2-8 November 2015.
The 18th annual British Sausage Week will be putting the nation’s sausages in the spotlight, encouraging consumers to visit their local butcher, retailer and catering establishments.
Independent butchers, farm shops and suppliers to the foodservice sector are also invited to enter a competition to find the best pork sausages.
Keith Fisher, butchery development manager for AHDB Pork and head judge, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone involved in making, selling or serving sausages to gain recognition for their quality varieties. Past winners have told us about the positive impact that being able to promote their sausages as ‘award-winning’ has had on sales - generating extensive interest from both new and existing customers.”
The sector categories are:
• Best Traditional Pork Sausage (can include Cumberland or Lincolnshire or other traditional varieties)
• Best Innovative Pork Sausage (including use of new flavours/new packaging/shape or size, or innovative use as an ingredient)
Foodservice Suppliers (open to manufacturers or butchers who produce sausages for the catering sector):
• Best Traditional Standard Pork Sausage (can include Cumberland, Lincolnshire or other traditional varieties and is suitable for breakfast menus)
• Best Traditional Premium Pork Sausage (can include Cumberland, Lincolnshire or other traditional varieties and is suitable for a dinner menu)
• Best Speciality or Innovative Sausage (containing pork and one or more other ingredients and can include use of new flavours/shape or size or smoked flavoured pork sausage including gourmet hot dogs)
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
01 - 03 November, 2016
China Foodtech 2017
07 November, 2016
Butcher’s Shop of the Year
01 December, 2016, 8:30 - 13:30
Policy priorities for the UK food, drink and farming industry