Welsh promotional campaign hailed a success
In-store promotion is “very customer-friendly and increases sales”, according to Welsh butchers.
The marketing scheme is an attempt by Hybu Cig Cymru – Meat Promotion Wales (HCC) to further back Welsh Lamb and Welsh Beef. Over 230 of the Welsh Butchers’ Club were recipients of point-of-sale (POS) kits to help support HCC’s summer and autumn marketing campaigns.
“The majority of the butchers said the POS helped increase their sales and some had an amazing impact to report, citing increases of up to 100%,” explained Laura Pickup, HCC’s market development manager.
“The average for sales increases was 27% and 90% of butchers quizzed said the kits they received for display were “very good” and the remaining 10% “good” – so it was ‘thumbs up’ right across the board,” revealed Pickup.
She added that almost all of the butchers surveyed recommended membership, while any other butchers that sell the Welsh meat and wish to take part in the next season marketing are being encouraged to get in touch with HCC.
Furthermore, Sainsbury’s and Tesco also showed their support for the campaign, promoting seasonal recipe leaflets, posters and competition merchandise to win a trip to Antigua.
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
27 October, 2016, 8:30
Next steps for tackling obesity: prevention, sugar consumption a
01 - 03 November, 2016
China Foodtech 2017
07 November, 2016
Butcher’s Shop of the Year
01 December, 2016, 8:30 - 13:30
Policy priorities for the UK food, drink and farming industry