Finalists announced for Premier Young Butcher competition
Eight of the best young butchers in the land will battle it out at the Foodex event in Birmingham next month to decide the title of Premier Young Butcher 2016.
Last year’s winner was Lucy Crawshaw, who has since gone on to train in The Netherlands to learn from the best in the world.
The finalists are:
- Erin Conry, Fallenich Farm Shop, Stirling
- James Gracey, Quayles Fine Foods, Dromore, Co Antrim
- Dylan Gillespie, Clogher Valley Meats, Co Tyrone
- James Henshaw, Taylors Farm Shop, Lathom, Lancashire
- Stuart Rankin, Fallenich Farm Shop, Stirling
- Harry Smith, Aubrey Allen, Leamington Spa
- James Taylor, Simpsons Butchers, Heckington, Norfolk
- Elsie Yardley, Priors Hall Farm, Essex
The Premier Young Butcher Competition 2016 organised by the National Federation of Meat and Food Traders is being hosted by William Reed Media and sponsored by AHDB Beef & Lamb, AHDB Pork, Cambrian Training, Institute of Meat, RAPS UK, Scotch Butchers Club, Weddel Swift and the Worshipful Company of Butchers.
For more on the event, click here.
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
27 October, 2016, 8:30
Next steps for tackling obesity: prevention, sugar consumption a
01 - 03 November, 2016
China Foodtech 2017
07 November, 2016
Butcher’s Shop of the Year
01 December, 2016, 8:30 - 13:30
Policy priorities for the UK food, drink and farming industry