Ballineen gains Sainsbury’s listing
Irish convenience food processor Ballineen Fine Foods’ Chip Shop Style Irish Sausages in a Crispy Batter is to be sold in 450 Sainsbury’s stores.
It will be available in Sainsbury’s from Wednesday 18 May.
Brendan Dixon, head of sales and marketing at Ballineen Fine Foods, said: “Following on from successful launches with leading UK retailers over the past 12 months, we’re excited to announce this launch with Sainsbury’s. Our range of products is now available in over 3,000 stores in the UK.”
The business is based in Co Cork, Ireland, and was established in 1993 by husband-and-wife team Kevin and Marie Hennessy, focusing on the manufacture and supply of a range of pre-cooked convenience food products.
Its ranges include pre-cooked breakfast products, snacking, battered, breaded, and flame-grilled meat products and a party food range.
In 2014 Ballineen Fine Foods added a new Chip Shop Style Range to its portfolio, and products within this range have now launched with eight UK retailers.
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
- Performance-enhancing drug found in cow not a threat to human health
- Turkey takes flight: Sales of turkey mince have soared this year amid market deflation
- ABP Wessex adds to Oakridge BBQ House range
- Farmers' Union appoints new head of food and farming
- National Farmers' Union airs fears over supermarket’s ‘anti-meat agenda’