Pure South Sharp Blacks aim to make it four in a row
As The British Beefeaters get ready to for the World Butchers’ Challenge next month, some of the toughest competition is bound to come from New Zealand’s Pure South Sharp Blacks.
Having won the competition for the past three years, the Kiwis will be aiming for their fourth consecutive win.
The team is made up of:
• John Cox of New World Hillcrest, Waikato
• Nolton Laing from Harris Meats Cheviot, Canterbury
• Rowan Lee of Peter Timbs Bishopdale, Canterbury
• Hannah Miller of Neat Meat Ponsonby, Auckland
• Greg Egerton from New World Mosgiel, Otago
• Corey Winder (Team Captain) of Elite Meats, Canterbury
With over half of them new to the competition this year, team captain Winder is confident that this surge of fresh talent will help the team build on its success.
“Since 2011 we’ve been a pretty tight-knit group with many of the team returning each year and this is the first time we’ve had four new members,” he said.
“Having these young, talented butchers join the Pure South Sharp Blacks is hugely exciting and I believe we have selected butchers with a great mix of experience, determination and personality who have what it takes to help us win the title for the fourth time in a row.”
The Pure South Sharp Blacks are sponsored by Pure South New Zealand, Beef + Lamb New Zealand and New Zealand Pork.
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
- New Zealand
- Beef + Lamb New Zealand
- World Butchers' Challenge
- British Beefeaters
- Pure South Sharp Blacks
- John Cox
- New World Hillcrest
- Nolton Laing
- Harris Meats Cheviot
- Rowan Lee
- Peter Timbs Bishopdale
- Hannah Miller
- Neat Meat Ponsonby
- Greg Egerton
- New World Mosgiel
- Corey Winder
- Elite Meats
- Pure South New Zealand
- New Zealand Pork
- Britain’s best butchers called on to take part in the World Butchers’ Challenge
- British Beefeaters arrive in Australia ahead of World Butchers’ Challenge
- France gets ready for its inaugural World Butchers’ Challenge
- World Butchers’ Challenge Team GB announced
- Butchers’ Challenge should educate and inspire, says Eblex chairman