Beef producer to cast net into fish market
Somerset-based Brown Cow Organics has launched a range of fresh fish on its website.
The locally-sourced South Coast fish is fully traceable from the moment it’s caught to the time it arrives in the kitchen.
To deliver the fish in this method, Brown Cow Organics has partnered with a Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) accredited fish supplier that usually only provides to restaurants. The two companies share the same goal of offering locally sourced, traceable and sustainable goods.
While it may seem like an unusual partnership, but Brown Cow Organics cited ‘surf and turf’ themed meals as a motive behind the move.
“We wanted to add some variety to our food range and felt that fish was the perfect fit, but it was important to me that we worked with a company with the same values as us and that the fish had excellent provenance and was responsibly sourced,” said Judith Freane Brown, owner of Brown Cow Organics.
The new range of fish products, alongside organic beef produce, are available for purchase on the firm’s website.
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
- Retail rivalry softens cattle price drops
- Scottish beef farmers encouraged to apply for beef support scheme
- Change in government scheme could cause beef industry serious ‘cashflow problems’
- England to seek Officially TB-Free status for half the country in 2017
- Demand and supply balance presents challenge for Irish beef farmers