The exciting iBBQ ‘app’ brings together all the essential elements for the perfect barbecue, said Eblex, not least a selection of tasty recipe ideas and a database of butchers that sell Quality Standard beef and lamb.
The beef and lamb sector body said the iBBQ app, which is free to download, is an ideal tool for barbecue planning, wherever and whenever the mood should arise. It includes:
· Grillocations map – find safe and legal sites for outdoor cooking, complete with maps and local facilities
· Recipe ideas – wow guests with different dishes using the easy to navigate recipe sections for beef, lamb, salad accompaniments, marinades and more
· Butcher database – get the right cut with a list of Quality Standard butchers and where to find them
· Weather Widget – plan ahead with a three-day forecast
· Make it a party – send personalised invitations to friends and family
Jane Ritchie-Smith, consumer marketing manager for Eblex, said: “Whether a spontaneous event or a pre-planned party, the iBBQ app makes planning any occasion a breeze, with everything consumers need at their fingertips.
From where to buy quality burgers and grills locally to recipe ideas with step-by-step instructions, as well as a three day weather forecast, iBBQ is this summer’s must-have free download!”
The iBBQ app follows the recent success of EBLEX’s iFillet application, which was a popular download demonstrating how to cook the perfect steak. Both apps are also available on www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk.