Awards roll in for Cranswick
Cranswick, the publicly-listed pork supplier and processor, is celebrating after winning a number of prestigious awards in 2011.
The company started its winning ways by scooping the Young Processor of the Year at the Meat & Poultry Processing Awards organised by Meat Trades Journal (MTJ).
Now, the group has won accolades at McDonald’s and at the Grocer Food & Drink Own Label awards arranged by MTJ’s sister title The Grocer.
Bernard Hoggarth, Cranswick’s chief executive, said: “We are extremely proud of our achievements. Quality is the be-all and end-all of what we do, and this applies to both the creation of individual products and the systems involved in their supply.
“The awards are also a testimony to the talented and hardworking team behind both the licensed and supermarket own label brands that we produce.”
Besides its MTJ prize, Cranswick has also won:
• Supplier of the Year at the OSI McDonald’s awards, 4th April 2011
• Personality of the Year at the OSI McDonald’s awards, 4th April 2011
• Joint winner at the FreeFrom Food Awards, 6th April 2011
• GOLD for its new Taste the Difference Cumberland sausage at the Grocer Food & Drink Own Label awards, 11th May 2011
• GOLD for its new Sainsbury’s Delicatessen Hand Carved Roast Ham at the Grocer Food & Drink Own Label awards, 11th May 2011
• SILVER for its new Tesco Finest Extra Matured Norfolk Outdoor Reared Pork Shoulder Joint at the Grocer Food & Drink Own Label awards, 11th May 2011
• SILVER for its new Tesco Finest British Outdoor Reared Yorkshire Cumberland Ham, at the Grocer Food & Drink Own Label awards, 11th May 2011
21 - 22 February, 2017
01 - 03 March, 2017
02 March, 2017
Meat & Poultry Processing Awards
08 March, 2017
The UK food supply chain: sector developments, the impact of Bre