Andreas Antona and Eblex master butcher Dick van Leeuwen unveiled the latest booklet in Eblex’s Master Chef and Master Butcher series. The booklet showcases a series of good-value lamb cuts, which are designed to encourage chefs to put the meat back on menus and help the industry prosper.
Foodservice project manager for Eblex Hugh Judd explained: “With a good amount of new-season lamb coming in, now is the perfect time to make the most of it on menus. Dick and Andreas have produced a great range of cuts to offer inspiration to chefs.”
With over 60 years of industry experience between them, the pair set about developing a range of six under-used and inexpensive cuts, which are ideal for both traditional and sous vide cooking.
Leeuwen said: “An important focus for the supply chain at the moment is maximising carcase utilisation. Lamb is a popular meat with consumers and these cuts will give chefs greater menu variety and the opportunity to increase profitability. Andreas has provided input from a chef’s perspective and we have come up with some great ideas for the foodservice industry.”
The featured cuts are:
- Lamb Heart and Lamb Liver - (Eblex Code: Offal L001)
- Lamb Spatchcock (Shoulder) - (Eblex Code: Forequarter L030)
- Rolled Belly of Lamb (Eblex Code: Breast L013)
- Lamb Spare Ribs (Eblex Code: Breast L012)
- Chunky Neck Chops (Eblex Code: Forequarter L037)
- Lamb Tongue (Eblex Code: Offal L001)