Two British Livestock Pavilions, with more than 50 livestock companies and breed societies taking part, proved a hit with buyers and drew in new export business worth thousands of pounds.
Among firm orders already received are:
* 4,000 top quality breeding gilt pigs to Russia
* 3,000 Holstein heifers to Russia to be followed by sexed semen
* 250 sows to Kazakhstan
* 100 Holstein heifers to the Netherlands
* 4,000 straws of British Limousin semen to Germany, the Ukraine, Bulgaria and Turkey and 6,000 straws of Belgian Blue to Germany
* 30 Angus heifers to Germany
* 10 Shropshire ewes to Germany.
Jean-Pierre Garnier, MLC export manager, said: "These orders have exceeded our most optimistic estimates. We wanted to signal that Britain is back as a major player in international livestock markets and I think we have had quite some success in that direction."