Welsh holiday winner for butchers' customers
Six lucky consumers will be enjoying the beautiful Welsh countryside after a visit to their local butcher, thanks to a competition organised by HCC – Meat Promotion Wales and the Carmarthenshire Farm and Country Holiday group.
The competition, which offered six lucky winners and their family and friends a break in one of the 21 high-quality holiday properties located throughout Carmarthenshire, was run in butchers and other retailers throughout Wales as part of the launch of HCC’s autumn point-of-sale promotion last year.
The six winners were:
• Mrs J James from Llandaff in Cardiff, who picked up an application form from Richard Evans Butchers in Whitchurch.
• Beryl Williams from Gwytherin, Abergele, who entered after a trip to AL and Ro Jones butchers in Llanrwst.
• Ann Sharpe from Llanerchymedd, Anglesey, who entered after shopping at O Roberts and Son butchers of Amlwch.
• Bethan Jones from Pennant, Ceredigion, who picked up an application form while at Morgans butchers in Aberystwyth.
• John Roberts from Caswell in Swansea entered after visiting R Thomas butchers in Sketty.
• Margaret Pritchard from Brecon won after a visit to P Sweeney butchers in the Market Arcade in Brecon.
27 October, 2016, 8:30
Next steps for tackling obesity: prevention, sugar consumption a
01 - 03 November, 2016
China Foodtech 2017
07 November, 2016
Butcher’s Shop of the Year
01 December, 2016, 8:30 - 13:30
Policy priorities for the UK food, drink and farming industry