Swiss win Young Butcher competition
Switzerland has won this year’s International Young Butchers’ Competition.
Taking place in Utrecht in The Netherlands, the competition covered boning, manufacturing a stuffed roast, creating a barbecue offering and preparing a main course with meat.
They beat off stiff competition from The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, France and the UK.
French butcher Lucas Bayle won the individual prize on the night.
The UK was represented by Chris Riley, from the Huntingdon branch of Walter Smith Butchers, Peter Rushforth from Swans Farm Shop in Mold, Wales and George Parker of Frank Parker Butchers in Warwickshire.
The International Young Butcher UK Team is organised by the National Federation of Meat and Food Traders and is sponsored by ABP Food Group (UK), AHDB Beef & Lamb, AHDB Pork, Dalziel, the Institute of Meat, Leeds City College, Orange Butcher, Raps (UK), Weddel Swift and the Worshipful Company of Butchers.
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
- chris riley
- the Netherlands
- frank parker butchers
- International Young Butchers' Competition
- Lucas Bayle
- Walter Smith Butchers
- Peter Rushforth
- Swans Farm Shop
- George Parker
- WorldSkills butchery competition returns for second year
- Welsh meat industry hoping UK-China beef deal acts as springboard for local lamb
- Winter Fair crowns new Welsh Young Butcher for 2016
- Welsh Cambrian Mountains Lamb PDO request welcomed by farming industry
- Northern Irish pig herd shows more growth than anticipated