Butcher is fined
A Bedfordshire butcher has been fined £2,000 after a ham full of boiling water spilled onto the feet of a teenage employee, leaving him with second-degree burns. Phil Woolgar, then 17, was hospitalised for five days and given skin grafts. Mid Beds District Council found Piggotts Family Butchers in Biggleswade did not have suitable safety procedures in place and had failed to carry out a proper risk assessment. The owners of the butcher's, Carl and Jayne Billings, pleaded guilty at Mid Beds district court and were fined £2,000.
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
27 October, 2016, 8:30
Next steps for tackling obesity: prevention, sugar consumption a
01 - 03 November, 2016
China Foodtech 2017
07 November, 2016
Butcher’s Shop of the Year
01 December, 2016, 8:30 - 13:30
Policy priorities for the UK food, drink and farming industry