Lincolnshire pig unit welcomes Chinese delegates
Chinese producers and veterinarians were treated to a tour around Grayingham Grange’s pig unit in Gainsborough last month, hosted by World Animal Protection (WAP).
According to Meryl Ward, chairman of AHDB Pork, the visitors specifically wanted to explore loose-housed sows, in contrast to the sow stalls that they use.
“The visit was instigated by WAP and the visit was a great success,” said Ward. “The visitors were very keen to see round and were inquisitive with a constant stream of questions both for me and the unit manager.”
Want more stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our FREE email newsletter
- Welsh meat industry hoping UK-China beef deal acts as springboard for local lamb
- Meat industry calls for Single Market access post-Brexit
- Irish pork exports increase, but at slower rate than previously
- Demand and supply balance presents challenge for Irish beef farmers
- AHDB board sets out post-Brexit strategy